The results graduating class of 2016 performed exceptionally well in their HSC. Some particular highlights in the results include:
· The top ATAR of 98.5 was achieved by Jarrod Jones, the Dux of 2016.
· 74 top band results were achieved in 26 different subjects.
· 38 students appeared on the Distinguished Achievers role.
· Geography, Industrial Technology (Multimedia), Legal Studies, and Textiles and Design all performed more than 10% above the State Average
· All students in English Extension 2, Legal Studies, History Extension, Music 1, Studies of Religion (1 Unit Accelerated), and Textiles and Design achieved a Band 5 or 6.
· Five out of seven Textiles and Design students achieved a Band 6.
· Tamika Ettingshausen was selected Texstyle (Textiles and Design)
· Kyle Sier was selected and Jessica Champion was nominated for ArtExpress (Visual Arts)
· Kate Matterson was selected for ArtExpress at the Hazelhurst Gallery (Visual Arts)
· Prue Middleton (Year 11) was selected for OnStage (Drama)
· Brittany Couldwell-Watt was nominated for CallBack (Dance)
· Liam Coughtrey and Steven Khoury were nominated for InTech (Industrial Technology – Multimedia)
The most remarkable achievement was that of Matthew Winfred in Year 10, who topped the State in 2 Unit Mathematics and received full marks for Mathematics Extension 1.
The My School website profiles Inaburra School and includes details of its NAPLAN results. Click here for a direct link to the website.